Hawaiian Humane’s investigators investigate tips of potential animal cruelty and abuse.
Our officers specialize in animal law enforcement and criminal justice. We are the only authority outside of HPD that can rescue animals and investigate cruelty on behalf of the City & County of Honolulu. We walk a fine line between education, advocacy, and enforcement, using an outreach-based approach for animal welfare. Often, we find that where the laws fall short, our influence as advisors and partners with pet owners, yields positive results.
Call our Humane Investigators at 356-2250:
- Daily Hours of Operation: 7 am – 7 pm
- For after-hours animal emergencies, please call 356-2250 or 911 for assistance.
If an incident is happening in real-time and requires immediate assistance, call 911.
The Hawaiian Humane Society enforces laws for these animal-related issues:
- Animal cruelty
- Pet identification/microchip
- Dangerous dogs
- Leash or stray violations
- Animal abandonment
Fees for pick-up services by Hawaiian Humane officers:
- Stray dogs (if contained)
- Injured/sick domesticated-companion animal pick-up: No Fee
- Owned animal pick-up: $35 Owner Surrender Fee + $100 Pick-Up Fee if you are unable to bring your pet in.
- Owner Requested Euthanasia: Communal or Private Cremation Fee – Currently by appointment only through Admissions.