The Hawaiian Humane Society’s Pet Food Bank program provides temporary assistance to pet owners struggling to feed their animals and runs solely via generous donations from the community, pet stores and the Hawaii Food Bank. Pet food is distributed when donations are available and are not intended to be the sole means of care.
Hawaiian Humane cannot guarantee a 30-day supply and applicants may be limited to pickups 1x per month, dependent on availability. Please bring your own reusable bag to take pet food home to your pets.
Pet Food Bank is now offered at both of Hawaiian Humane’s Mōʻiliʻili Campus and Kosasa Family Campus at Hoʻopili for your convenience and easy access:
Pet Food Bank at Hawaiian Humane’s Mōʻiliʻili Campus
Location: Ginny Tiu Community Spay/Neuter Center located at the front parking lot
Address: 2700 Waiʻalae Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96826
Hours of Operation: Tuesday and Friday, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Pet Food Bank at Hawaiian Humane’s Kosasa Family Campus at Hoʻopili
Location: Ginny Tiu Pet Kōkua Resource Center located next to the front entrance
Address: 91-1945 Fort Weaver Road, ʻEwa Beach, HI 96706
Hours of Operation: Sunday and Wednesday, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Items currently available through Pet Food Bank include:
- Dry and canned dog food
- Dry and canned cat food
Donations of unopened, unexpired pet food and other supplies needed for outreach programs are accepted at the Hawaiian Humane Society.
- Canned wet dog, puppy, cat and kitten food
- Dry dog, puppy, cat and kitten food (No prescription food)
- Collars (all sizes)
- Leashes (all sizes, non-retractable)
- Cat litter
- Reusable bags
- Ziploc bags
How to apply
- A completed Pet Food Bank application. Fill out and bring a completed PDF application to your visit or fill out an application at the time of pickup. Information provided helps Hawaiian Humane better serve Oʻahu’s people and animals and is kept confidential.
- Photo ID. Acceptable forms of ID include Hawaii Driver’s License, Hawaii State ID, Honolulu Bus Pass, Passport, or Food Warehouse Club Card. Other forms of identification may be approved at the Hawaiian Humane Society staff’s discretion.
Assistance is limited to one application per household. Applications must be filled out completely in order to receive assistance. We are unable to provide food for cat colony caregivers or persons feeding Free-Roaming cats. The Pet Food Bank is for personal pet animals only.
Assistance for organizations
Pet Food Bank requests from human services organizations and distribution centers such as churches or homeless shelter providers must be submitted through the Manager of Community Outreach & Partnerships and based on available supplies at the time of the request. For more information or pickup requests, email Outreach@HawaiianHumane.org.
Animal welfare, rescue and adoption organizations and distribution centers must have 501c3 nonprofit status.
For questions or more information, email Outreach@HawaiianHumane.org or call (808) 356-2222.