The Hawaiian Humane Society’s Teens4Animals Council members develop, promote and lead school and community animal welfare initiatives and events throughout their one-year term. Council members form friendships with like-minded youth and are instrumental in further perpetuating the Hawaiian Humane Society’s mission to promote the human-animal bond and the humane treatment of all animals.
Students appointed to the Teens4Animals Council are expected to volunteer at events and quarterly meetings. Students are also required to participate in a 4-day training program.
During their term, Teens4Animals Council members have the opportunity to:
- Develop and lead educational events and initiatives related to animal welfare in their school and community
- Staff interactive booths and games at Hawaiian Humane Society and community events
- Serve as a Hawaiian Humane Society spokesperson, promoting programs and initiatives via external and internal news outlets
- Participate in advocacy efforts related to animal welfare
- Create and lead an animal welfare club at their school
- And more!
Applications for the 2021 – 2022 Council are now closed.
Meet the 2021-2022 Teens4Animals Council!