There are many obstacles a family can face that affect how and if they can continue to care for their pet. The bond between a person and a pet can be very strong, and keeping that bond intact is preferable to surrendering a pet. We want to help keep you and your pet together. Before deciding on surrendering your pet, please visit our Alternatives to Pet Surrender page.
If you still decide to surrender your pet, we are here to help. We offer compassion and understanding to owners who relinquish their pets and a warm welcome to the animals that are being entrusted to our care. Our goal is to find every animal a happy and loving home. We achieve this by gathering important information about your pet upon surrender.
Schedule an Appointment
What to bring to your appointment
- Medical records – This is especially important if your pet has any medical issues we may need to address.
- Behavior information – Be prepared to discuss your pet’s daily habits and behaviors, likes and dislikes.
- Safe transportation – Be sure that dogs are on leashes at all times and cats or small animals are in carriers.
What to expect
- Appointment length – Your appointment can take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes depending on your pet’s needs or the number of pets surrendered. Please remember that the more information we have, the better your pet’s chances are of finding a perfect home.
- Options – After we have gathered information about your pet, we will discuss your options with you so that you can make the best decision for you and your pet.
Cost to surrender
Please note that we will ask for a $35 surrender fee per owned pet. This fee will be put towards the cost of your pet’s care with us. Any additional donation you are able to make beyond $35 is greatly appreciated as the average cost to care for your pet until finding a new home is $426 per day.