Your next mission, should you choose to accept, is to be an animal hero! Enter the Hawaiian Humane Society’s Mission PAWsible Contest to show or tell us how you can be a hero for Oʻahu’s animals.
During the past difficult year, we’ve all relied on one another to make it through. Our community is one of the strongest resources we have access to. “Community” is more than just the people who live next door, it’s your classmates, friends, and even the animals that live on our island. Show or tell us what we can do to help the animals in our community. (Examples of things that might help the animals in our community include sterilization, TNRM, proper pet identification, educating others, etc.)
Entries will be accepted in the follow categories:
- Traditional Art (drawing, painting)
- Digital Art (photography series, video, graphic design, animation)
- Creative Writing (poetry, short story)
A total of Six (6) Grand Prize winners will be awarded!
One Grand Prize winner from each category in grades 6 – 8 and 9 – 12 will receive:
- A $150 Visa Debit gift card
- Humane Achievement Award
Rules and Judging Criteria
Entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges. Entries will be reviewed and evaluated based on the following criteria within the context of two grade spans: grades 6 – 8 and grades 9 – 12.
- Adherence to the Contest Theme (All entries)
Community is one of the strongest resources we have access to.
- Creativity and Originality (All entries)
All entries must be an original creation and cannot be copied or traced from someone else’s work. Show or tell us what we can do to help the animals in our community.
- Clarity of Message (All entries)
What is the message the artist is trying to convey? How is the message communicated? Does the message align with the Hawaiian Humane Society’s mission and values?
- Visual Quality and Design (Traditional Art and Digital Art categories)
- Size Regulations (Traditional Art and Digital Art categories)
Entries must be flat and 17×11-inch (ledger size) or smaller.
- Length Regulations (Digital Art and Creative Writing categories)
Photography entries can be submitted as a single photograph or as a series up to eight photographs. Videos must be 3 minutes or less. Written word entries must be 500 words or less.
- Correct Spelling, Grammar, and Appropriate Word Choice (Creative Writing category)
- Adherence to Submission Guidelines (See below)
How To Enter
If you experience any technical issues or would rather submit your contest entry as a hardcopy to the Hawaiian Humane Society, complete this form and include it with your submission.
All hardcopy entries should be mailed to:
Hawaiian Humane Society
Attention: Mission PAWsible Contest
2700 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96826
- Entries must include a fully completed Mission PAWsible submission form. If you submit your entry electronically, ensure you fill-out the online submission form in its entirety. If you submit your entry as a hardcopy, print out a submission form at at the link above and include the submission form with your entry.
- Electronic submissions must be submitted as: .doc, .pdf, .jpeg, or as a Vimeo or YouTube link. Google docs will not be accepted.
- Participation indicates permission for the Hawaiian Humane Society to use entries at its discretion, including the entrant’s first name and school.
For questions or more information, email Education@HawaiianHumane.org or call 356-2223.
Contest is open to all students in grades 6 – 12 living on Oʻahu. Students may submit up to one entry per category; however, students can only win one Grand Prize.
Deadline for all entries is March 1, 2021, at midnight.