Thank you for your interest in joining Hawaiian Humane Society’s volunteer ‘ohana!
Please allow for approximately 6 weeks to complete this application process, which may include your in-person training with our team members.
Before completing an application, review our Opportunities Directory to understand which roles we’re actively recruiting for, the role description, weekly shift availability and age eligibility. If you do not see an opportunity that interests you, we recommend checking back and applying at a later time. Applications are not retained longer than 6 months.
Youth that are seeking service hours, and can’t meet the volunteer time commitment of 3 hours a week for 3 months, must work through our Youth & Education Department.
Junior Volunteer Application Process (ages 15-17)
- Step 1: Watch our Hawaiian Humane 101 video.
- Step 2: Watch our General Volunteer Orientation video.
- Step 3: Check out our Opportunities Directory to see what roles we’re actively recruiting for and all of the role’s details including requirements, shift times & availability and age eligibility. If you do not see a current opportunity available that interests you, continue to check back as new opportunities open up.
- Review each role’s age eligibility closely as not all roles can accommodate independent Junior volunteers. You may need to volunteer with an adult as an Adult/Youth Volunteer Team.
- Step 4: Submit the Junior Volunteer Application.
- If you require accommodations to perform physical activities, please contact us at email@example.com prior to submitting this form.
- Step 5: Accepted applicants are contacted to process the $15 Junior Volunteer Application Fee.
- Step 6: Volunteer Services will contact you to begin your training based on your provided role preference and weekly availability. Training includes attending a 2-3 hour in-person training and shadow shifts and completing mandatory online courses at home that can take approximately 5-6 hours.