Upon submission, your application process, including in-person trainings, will take 6-8 weeks to complete. We suggest reviewing the below available Volunteer Opportunities before applying to ensure we can fit your volunteer interests and schedule.
- Step 1: Submit your Volunteer Application.
- Step 2: Watch our Hawaiian Humane 101 video.
- Step 3: Pay that covers the cost of administrative processing, background check fees and volunteer uniform.
- Step 4: Schedule your Phone Interview with Volunteer Services.
- Step 5: After you have completed your interview, the Volunteer Services team will have you complete a background check as the last step of the application process.
Step 6: After you complete the application process, we will sign you up for an upcoming in-person training class.
We are currently accepting volunteer applications for:
- Dog Walking (Available shifts: Mondays-Fridays)
- Adoption Assistant
- Admissions Greeter
- Pounce Hawaii Lounge Crew
Our foster care program helps animals in need of temporary tender, loving care. Shelter animals in need of care may be too young, underweight, ill, injured, recovering from surgery or require more socialization before being ready for adoption.
Emergency Pet Shelter Volunteer
This role is an on-call position and is only deployed in the case of a natural disaster. EPS volunteers must be age 18 or older.
Emergency Pet Sheltering (EPS) is a program that responds to emergencies and disasters island-wide as it pertains to animals. Through this program, we set up temporary pet shelters adjacent to human emergency shelters across the island to house the pets of individuals in our community, with our goal of keeping pets and their people together. Volunteers in this role would be responsible for supervising these pet shelters with Hawaiian Humane support.